Tough times are on, and I hope each of you is safe and doing ok considering the circumstances. Take care, people.
Long pending updates
First order of business - I apologise for going away for so long.
I created my own company in the last year, and things have been busy. I moved away from CRM a bit to focus on web applications and have built more than few cool apps in the last year.
But anyway, I am back (again).. and with some exciting news.
I had been doing a bit of exploration and have some exciting news. As a company we are now more focused on smaller CRM products and of course, a bit of salesforce.
When I was trying to explore more and train people for a company that I consulted for, I could not find many reliable, up-to-date, structured learning materials for salesforce.
Don’t get me wrong - Trailhead is great, and many smart folks have worked hard to put their own version of self-study guides. But what we wanted was something more structured to provide a comprehensive overview of Salesforce and at the same time prepare one for the certifications (Administrator and Platform Developer I).
I could not say “no” to such a challenge.
Salesforce Learning and Certification Self-Study Resources
I created some learning materials earlier last year and am delighted to open it up for all.
Want to jump to the resources? Just navigate to https://sf-cog.crmcog.com.
What sf-cog is about -
- Free, structured self-study guide for admin (ADM201) , App Builder and Platform Developer I certifications
- Learning resources for salesforce
- Workshops to try out at the end of each chapter
- Case studies that provide real-world problems for you to solve
- Teaching aids including presentation materials. You can even white-label these course materials for a small fee
And, when I say “free” - it really is. The course material and code have permissive licenses for individuals and companies.
We welcome any contributions towards development of these learning resources on GitHub - see contributing guidelines on sf-cog website.
Two things to keep in mind though -
- This is work in progress. There are quite a few updates to be made
- I will keep these updated (hopefully, with some help) through years to come. So, this is a long-term project
I am fully aware that this blog has been neglected for a while. I will make every effort to make it up to everyone 🎉
Meanwhile, if you are interested in web development, static sites, NodeJS, and more of that - check out my posts on techformist.com. I completed about 400 silly posts over the last year and that is still going strong 🙂